SALT respects and strives to protect your privacy. This privacy statement explains how we collect, share, and use personal information about you and how to exercise your privacy rights. This privacy statement applies only to personal information we collect through the website: www.salt.com.tw.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this privacy statement. We may collect personal information about you including the following categories
Some parts of the website may require you to voluntarily provide personal information: For example, we may ask you for detailed contact information (including your name, title, company, address, phone number, and email address…). We use this information for the purposes specified below:
- Improve products and services;
- Answer online enquiries, provide information about the SALT products you request, establish approved links, and market analyses for internal use;
- Use the email address you provide to periodically send emails about products or technologies or other information that we think you might be interested in;
- Contact you based on market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use this information to customize the site based on your interests.
- Other specific purposes listed on the form on this website.
Information we collect automatically
When you access the SALT website, we may automatically collect certain information from your device. In accordance with its applicable data protection laws, this information may be considered personal information in certain countries or regions, including those in the European Union. The information automatically collected on our website may include your IP address, device type, device unique identification number, browser type, wide geographic location (such as country or city level location) and other technical information; we may also collect Information about how your device interacts with the site, including pages and points of access, links to clicks, and more. Collecting this information allows us to better understand the visitors to the site, such as where they came from and what site content they are interested in. Using the information mentioned above is due to the need for internal analysis. We use the results to improve the quality and relevance of the website to visitors. Some of the information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking techniques. This is further explained below.
We also receive and store certain types of information through use of “cookies.” Some examples of information gathered this way are the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, log-in, e-mail address, password, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, platform, and the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) used to, through, and from our Sites. We use the information gathered by “cookies” to manage and customize your on-line shopping experience and to improve our offerings.
Generally, we only use personal information collected from you for the purposes described in this privacy statement, or for the purposes we explained to you when collecting personal information; however, we may also, subject to applicable data protection laws, use your personal information for other purposes that are inconsistent with the purposes disclosed to you (such as conforming to public interest archival projects, for scientific purposes, for historical or historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes).
We may disclose your personal information to recipients in the following categories:
- Our third-party service providers and partners
- Any law enforcement agency, regulatory agency, government agency, court or other third party
- Any other person you agree to disclose to
Special rules for EEA visitors
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, the legal basis for our collection and use of the above personal information will depend on the relevant personal information and the specific circumstances in which we collect the information.
However, we generally collect personal information from you only under the following conditions: (i) we need personal information to execute a contract signed with you; (ii) the processing of the data is in our legal interest and is not denied by your rights ;(iii) we ask for your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have legal obligations to collect personal information from you or we may need to use personal information to protect the important interests of you or others.
If we ask you to provide personal information in order to comply with legal requirements or to execute a contract signed with you, we will provide a clear explanation at the relevant time and inform you whether it is mandatory to provide personal information (and possible consequences if you do not provide personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in accordance with our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of any third party), this benefit is usually for the purpose of conducting services, providing services to you, and communicating with you for legitimate commercial interests, such as answering your enquiries, improving our services, conducting marketing or for the purpose of discovering or preventing illegal activities; we may also have other legitimate interests, and if possible, we will clarify the content of these legitimate interests at the appropriate time.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following data protection rights:
- If you would like to access, amend, update, or request removal of your personal information, you can contact us at any time. In addition,
- You may refuse to grant us permission to process personal information, request that we restrict your personal information, or request that your personal information be transferred. Simultaneously,
- If we collect and process your personal information with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Revocation of consent does not affect the legality of any processing we perform prior to your withdrawal, nor does it affect the processing of personal information for legal reasons that exclude your consent.
- You have the right to refuse to receive any information we send to you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking the “Unsubscribe” or “Refuse Reception” link in the email we send to you or contact us directly.
- You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority regarding the collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection agency. We respond to all applicable requests from individuals who wish to exercise their right to data protection in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you have any questions regarding the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal information, please contact us.
Transmission and security of personal information
Your personal information may be transmitted and processed in countries and territories outside of the country in which you reside. The data protection laws of these countries may differ from the laws of your country, for example, third party service providers and partners may operate around the world. We may process data in any of these countries after collecting your personal information.
We use relevant technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information that we collect and process, providing a level of security that corresponds to the risk of processing personal information; SALT has established a comprehensive security program that focuses on protecting internal SALT and your personal information. These include requiring all recipients to protect personal information from the EEA in accordance with EU data protection laws.
Personal data retention
We will retain information collected from you in the event of continued legal execution of business (for example, to provide you with requested services, to comply with applicable laws, or other requirements).
We will delete or anonymize your personal data when there is no ongoing legal business need, and if it is not possible (for example, because your personal information is already stored in the backup archive), we will safely store your personal information with no further processing until it can be deleted.
Update of privacy statement
We may update this Privacy Statement at any time in response to changes in the law, the development of technology or business, etc.; when updating the Privacy Statement, we will consider the size of the change and the extent to which it affects your rights, to maintain the consistency of privacy data protection. We will seek your consent for any material changes to the Privacy Statement, as required by applicable data protection laws.